Thursday, November 08, 2007

Stacked

A few weeks ago I asked Vegchic from the PPK if she would mind sending me some sourdough starter. She promptly replied and said she would be happy to. A week later I received a small envelope with squishy dough contained inside that was to become my very own sourdough batch. I felt so gracious that I whipped up a batch of Pumpkin spice granola and shipped it her way.

I let the dough sit around for a while before I finally decided to feed it. When I found out my girlfriend and I would both have the morning off, I knew it was time to make pancakes. I set out on my journey, prepared for victory. I placed my starter dough in a bowl, mixed in 2 cups of water, then 2 cups of flour, covered loosley and said a prayer. When I woke up the next morning, I was so excited to see what had happened that it felt like Christmas. Here's what I ended up with..

Doesn't this just scream "make pancakes with me!"

Ahh, what a nice stack

Smothered in holiday cheer- homemade cranberry sauce (with a hit of allspice).
When I poured it on, I said "looks like Christmas threw up in here."

These were the easiest, and tastiest pancakes I have had since going vegan. They came together flawlessly, and cooked to perfection. They are a little thin, but they have so much flavor and testure you don't even notice. And, they can hold a sauce like no pancakes business. Thanks Vegchic! I can't wait to try sourdough bread next...

2 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

So yummy. I'm definitely intrigued by this sourdough starter thing. Can you buy it at stores? Can you use it over and over? I think I should do some googling.
Wish that was my breakfast this morning...

Emmie said...

Those pancakes look perfect to me. Anything sourdough is a winner, it's so tasty!