Just when I was loosing my inspiration, Amanda at Walking the Vegan Line showed up with a Vegan MoFo Survey. Here are my answers..
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
On a regular, daily basis I prefer Rice Dream plain. We've been drinking alot of Wild Oats brand soymilk lately, though because of a buy one, get one special. Also, I'm in love with Silk Pumpkin Spice.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Forbidden Rice salad, Tropical granola, a Thanksgiving feast
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Depending on my mood, either Earth Balance with nooch and salt, or canola oil, sugar, and spices.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
The time I tried faux duck from the Hong Kong market. Blech!
5. Favorite pickled item?
I have a thing for pickled carrots with mint..
6. How do you organize your recipes?
I have a shelf of cookbooks, and all of my loose recipes I keep either in a folder, a ziplock, or I have a text version on my laptop.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Compost. We want to start a garden in the spring, so we have a bin out back and a bowl on our counter where all food scraps go. No banana peel left behind!
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Chocolate, granola, brussel sprouts
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
My nanny's plum cobbler. Easily veganized
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Tea Dream Chocolate Caramel Chai
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Hmm..I don't remember the exact name. Something like Simple Meals for Vegetarians. I never use it.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Lasagna. You can't go wrong
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Tofu, for now
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Breakfast, if I can get myself up early enough.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
There's a pot rack hanging above it with our pots and pans. The larger pots that won't fit are on top.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
brussel sprouts, coffee beans, cranberries
20. What's on your grocery list?
We're trying not to go grocery shopping for our cabinet cleaning challenge. But, I can't help but make a mental one, so: maple syrup, greens, mustard,
21. Favorite grocery store?
22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
Green bean casserole. Maybe for Thanksgiving
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
There are more than 3 on the top of my list, but here are the top ones: Walking the Vegan Line, Get Sconed, Have Cake Will Travel, and Yellow Rose Recipes
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Right now it's Green and Black's Dark with Orange and Spices
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
I always buy the best chocolate. Otherwise, I keep it simple.
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
I've always been scared of working with pastry. I'm slowly overcoming that. But, I know I will probably never be as good as my Nanny.
Things should be getting better in the kitchen soon. Just working alot of hours right now. I'm still trying to figure out how the heck we'll fit in cooking a thanksgiving feast for 8 people between working 8 and 12 hour days. Hmm..it should be an adventure!