Friday, August 24, 2007

Moving along

This weekend was a struggle. We took one last trip to Austin before we finally move. I had training for my new job, and we had to sign the lease for our house. My first day of training was pretty rough. After an 8 hour day of cooking breakfast for 14 guests, cleaning about 10 rooms, and not getting a chance to eat much, all on less than an hour of sleep, I was beat. Then, I had to get up the next morning and do the same thing again. Thankfully, the time I spent not working was enjoyable since Candy and some friends came along. We basically just hung out and ate. I didn't get any pictures of food this time, because it didn't stay in front of me long enough, and I was too exhausted to make the effort. But, don't worry, there will be plenty of pictures in the coming months of the great food I'm sure to enjoy. I do have some backlogged stuff from last week, though..enjoy!

I'm trying to clean out the fridge in preparation for the big moving day (September 1!). I don't want to worry about lugging frozen goods on a 3+ hour trip, in a hot U-haul. Some pretty interesting meals are sure to come.

I made this taco salad using leftover boca crumbles, with chopped onion, and spices. I piled it on romaine lettuce, then added chopped cucumber, shredded carrot, crumbled tortilla chips, and a "dressing" I made with avocado, green goddess seasoning, apple cider vinegar, and miso- it didn't really go with the salad, but it's all I had.

I went to another party, this time for my girlfriend's son, Stevie's, 6th birthday. We went to the Kemah Boardwalk, and ate at the Pizza Kitchen. We spent 6 hours there, enduring the heat while the kids played in the water, and rode tons of rides. When the sun finally set, we got to hang out and enjoy some music by our favorite local artist, Hamilton Loomis.

This is the pizza we split-The Veggie Supreme pizza (sans cheese). It had fresh tomatoes, spinach, caramelized onions, red and green bell peppers, corn (yum!), eggplant (a little weird..) and mushrooms. They were very accomodating on making a pizza with no cheese, and answering my questions about ingredients in the crust.
Stevie and Kylie waiting on the rest of the RSVP's for the party. Dang, they're cute.

MMmmm, my new favorite hummus. This is the Oatmeal-raisin cookie dough hummus, from the PPK. Oh my.. so good. Cant...complete..sentence.. Must try.

No comments: