Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I save the day

I woke up one morning to a family of geckos in my sink. One by one, I saved the daddy, the mama, and the baby..all before breakfast. That was my good deed for the day.
The daddy on the fence post, waiting for his family to reassemble. The mama was too quick to capture in a photo.
The cutest baby gecko ever. Just chillin on my hand, trying to act like nothing ever happened.

I was inspired by a post on the PPK to make biscuit pizzas. Essentially, a biscuit half topped with anything you like to form a mini pizza. I was somewhat unconventional in my creation. I spread mustard on the bottom, topped with thinly sliced tomato, chopped kalamata and garlic, then sprinkled with nooch and dried basil. These saved my day.

3 comments:

Dino said...

What adorable little lizardy friends you've made! The dad looks like "I know you're not doing anything bad. I'll chill for now. Just be careful with Jimmy's head--it may be hard as rock, but he's fragile!"

OK. You officially now know that I make up stories about the animals I talk with. I'm going to go hide now. ::hides::

Anonymous said...

that baby gecko is killing me! so cute.

Kayla said...

Heh, I love your story, Dino. It sounds like what was going on in my head when I was bring this family back together. I think the mother was a little more panicked than daddy.