Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Farmer's Market Finds and Cupcakes

This weekend, we decided to make the (now much shorter) trip to the farmer's markets in and around Houston. Our original destination was Midtown Farmers Market, but from there we went to Central City Co-op and the Bayou City Farmers Market.
I didn't get much because I had ordered a share from Central City the past Wednesday, but I was pleased with my finds
I couldn't pass up this beautiful bottle of First Blush vinegar, infused with strawberry, orange, hibiscus, vanilla, and almond flavors. I have made it into a simple salad dressing so far, and I can't wait to do more with it. They have so many other flavors, and for $5 a bottle, I will have to try more. I also picked up 1/2# of kumquats, and a few blood oranges, all locally grown! Woohoo!

Not only was this weekend Superbowl Sunday, it was Prince-playing-halftime-Superbowl Sunday. It was also a friends room warming party since she moved in to another friends spare room. So, we all got together to watch Prince, party, and-what else-eat! I made another delicious batch of cupcakes from VCTOTW. It was a hard decision, but I chose the Mint Chocolate Cupcakes with Mint Icing and Chocolate Ganache, topped with a couple chocolate "beans". I made sure to take a picture this time.


Can't you just taste the deliciousness?

No comments: