Sunday, November 12, 2006

To highlight my new soup/coffee cup from Curves I made a delicious breakfast couscous. This is slightly adapted from the recipe in Garden of Vegan. I call it, Israeli Breakfast Couscous with Apricot, Pistachio, and Rose Water


Israeli Breakfast Couscous with Apricot, Pistachio, and Rose Water
1/2 c israeli couscous
1 c non-dairy milk, fruit juice, or water
1 Tb orange juice concentrate
1/4 c unsalted pistachios, chopped
1/4 c dried apircots, chopped
2 tsp rose water
2 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut (garnish, optional)

Bring liquid and concentrate to boil. Add Israeli couscous, bring to boil, then lower heat and simmer 5-7 minutes. After 2-3 minutes of simmering, stir in aprictos, and pistachios. Once couscous is cooked, remove from heat, cover and let sit 1-2 minutes. Uncover, stir in rose water. Spoon into serving dish, top with coconut.

I don't like things very sweet, but this would probably work well with some agave nectar. This is my first time making this and it could probably use a little tweaking, as it was a little dry. I really enjoyed it, especially with the rose water. I added a little more while eating :)

I'm doing my last minute things to get ready for my trip to Europe next week, like shopping, getting my hair cut, and..oh yeah..packing! I hadn't touched, or even looked at my suitcase until today. I have been so preoccupied with everything else, that I didn't want to start worrying about what I was going to take and if it would all fit or not. So, today was the day that I broke down and did it. I pulled my suitcase out of the shadows, threw it on my bed, ripped it open, and began the throw down. I was done and out in under 30 minutes. I am packed! I was suprised how little time it took, but I am so ready to go that I could hardly care what I brought with me. One step further with my long, hard struggle with procrastination.

No comments: